Motoring Offences Costs
There are various ways we can assist you in relation to motoring offences. If you have been charged with a motoring offence, please contact us for an initial consultation.
If you intend to plead not guilty, you will be charged at an hourly rate of £450. We will estimate a budget between £2,000-£3,000 plus travel time and expenses, assuming a single court appearance is needed. This could vary considerably depending on the nature of the case.
Usually, this will include:
- Considering evidence
- Providing advice in relation to your plea and likely sentence
- Where we cannot anticipate the likely sentence, advice on the options available to the court in relation to sentencing
- Where appropriate, advice on whether an exceptional hardship, or special reasons argument should be made
- Representation at a single hearing
If a witness statement is necessary, this will be an additional £1,500.
If you intend to plead guilty, there are various ways in which we can assist you. If you simply want us to draft a please of mitigation, then this will be £750. If you want us to attend court on your behalf, the fee will be £1,750.
In an average motor offence matter where you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing, we will:
- Meet with you to get your instructions on what happened.
- Consider initial disclosure and any other evidence, and provide advice.
- Arrange to take witness statements if necessary.
- Tell you about the court procedure and the sentencing options available to the court so you know what to expect at the hearing.
- Conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- Meet with you before the hearing and attend the hearing with you. We anticipate the hearing lasting around half a day, for which we will bill you around £1,500 for our time.
- Discuss the outcome with you, if advice is required on appealing the decision, this will carry an additional cost.
We provide a very personalised service and will keep you on track throughout to help you understand the process and costs involved. We will cater time scales to urgency and nature of the matter.
If we find it is appropriate for us to appoint a barrister on your behalf this will usually cost £1,000-£2,000 depending on the seniority of the barrister representing you.
For further estimations of costs please do not hesitate to contact us. We offer a free consultation for up to an hour to enable you to understand the process and costs involved in your matter.
All motoring offences work will be undertaken by a member of our team. Please see the Meet the Team section of the website for details.
Please see Motoring Offences for more information on this service.