Motoring Offences Costs
There are various ways we can assist you concerning motoring offences. If you have been charged with a motoring offence then please contact us for an initial consultation to consider the circumstances of your case.
If you intend to plead not guilty then the costs will charged at an hourly rate of £435. We will estimate a budget between £2000-£3000 plus travel time and expenses, assuming a single court appearance is needed. On average this will include:
- Considering evidence
- Providing advice in relation to plea and likely sentence
- Where you cannot anticipate the likely sentence, advice on the options available to the court in relation to sentencing
- Where appropriate, advice on whether an exceptional hardship, or special reasons argument should be made
- Representation at a single hearing
- Additionally, if a witness statement is necessary then this cost around £1500.
The above estimate varies considerably depending on the nature of the case.
If intend to plead guilty then there are various service options available from us. If you simply want us to draft a please of mitigation, then this will be £750. If you want us to attend court on your behalf then the fee will be £1750. If you would like a witness statement this will be £1500 (per statement).
- The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day] for £1500.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
We provide a very personalised service and will keep you on track throughout to help you understand the process and costs involved. We will cater time scales to urgency and nature of the matter.
If we find it is appropriate for us to appoint a barrister on your behalf this will cost between £1000-£2000 depending on the seniority of the Barrister representing you.
For further estimation of costs please do not hesitate to contact us for more information regarding your situation. We offer a free consultation for up to an hour to enable you to understand the process and costs involved in your matter.
All motoring offences work will be undertaken by a member of our team. Please see the Meet the Team section of the website for details.
Please see Motoring Offences for more information on this service.