In family law proceedings, sometimes the first problem we encounter is that our client doesn’t know where their ex is.  How can you start divorce proceedings if you don’t know what rock they are hiding under?  How can you get access to your kids if you don’t know where your former significant other has moved to?  How can you claim financial support for yourself or your family if the person who used to be the man of your dreams has disappeared in a puff of smoke?

Well, whilst we’re not magicians (although I am regularly referred to as a witch, despite my inability to turn our opponents into frogs) we do still have tricks up our sleeves.  For example, with permission from the court, the Department of Work and Pensions can tell us where your former beau has slithered off to, or as for child proceedings they will tell the court (in confidence) so that the court can serve papers on them.  Alternatively, you may not have a physical address, but in certain circumstances we can use an email address, or a third parties address such as another member of the family.  If all else fails, we know people who can find even the smallest of worms.

If you need to take action to get what you are entitled to financially, and enable you to move on with your life, and the only thing that’s stopping you is that you don’t know where to start, drop us a line at and we’ll set you on the right path.

Kleyman & Co Solicitors.  The full service law firm.  No matter how many frogs you’ve kissed, we can get you to your happily ever after.