Easter holidays are approaching which means thousands of kids on chocolate highs running around London with stressed parents picking up cream egg wrappers in their wake. It’s tempting to escape this Easter and hop to sunnier places with your little Easter bunnies. But, if you are a separated parent can you do this without the other parent’s consent?
The simple answer is a giant NO. Taking your mini eggs abroad without the permission of the other parent or the court is child abduction and you must be very careful before travelling anywhere. You may be stopped at the airport if you don’t have a letter of consent or a court order and this would not be a good start to your Easter holiday!
The eggxception to this is if there is a Child Arrangements Order in place, then you are allowed to take the child abroad for a period of up to 28 days without the permission of the other parent or the court. 
If you are unsure as to whether you can travel or abroad, or you need help obtaining the other parent’s consent to do so or applying for a court order then don't get hot and cross, just drop me a line at stephanie@kleymansolicitors.com or hop on over for a basket of good ideas.
Kleyman & Co Solicitors, the full service law firm.  We're full of bounce!